- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-unlock-lite directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Subscribe to Download Lite settings page to configure the plugin
As soon as the plugin is installed and activated, you will be able to view the Subscribe to Unlock Lite menu in the left admin menu. And you can then click on that menu to see the list of subscription forms.
There are 4 different settings section needed to configured while creating a form as belows:
- General Settings
- Form Settings
- Layout Settings
- Email Settings
In general settings, you can configure all the basic settings for the form such as Lock Content, Content Lock mode etc.
Here are the description of individual options available in the general settings.
- Lock Content - In this field, you can enter the content that you want to display after the successful user subscription. The lock content is optional and the content can be locked directly in your page or post editor through our inbuilt lock button inside the WYSWYG Editor.
- Lock Modes - There are currently two lock modes available. One is hard lock and one is soft lock. Hard lock will completely hide the content whereas soft lock will just blur the content.
- Verification - By enabling the verification, the content will only be unlocked if subscribers verify their email address. There are two methods of verification available. One is verification through link and verification through code. When verification through link is chosen, the subscriber need to verify by clicking the verification link that will be received as soon as they subscribe. And when verification through code is chosen, the subscribers will receive a code to unlock the content which they need to enter in the verification code box.
After enabling this option, the confirmation link will be sent to the subscribers as soon as they subscribe in the site.
- Form Success Message - This is the message shown to the users when subscription is successful.
- Form Required Error Message - This is the message shown to the users if users don't fill all the necessary required fields.
- Form Error Message - This is the message shown to the users if the email couldn't be sent to users due to invalid email or any other server related reason.
In this section you can configure all the form components that are available in the subscription forms. You can enable/disable and configure labels for each field.
Below are the available form components.
- Sub Heading
- Terms and Agreement
- Subscribe Button
- Footer Text
In this section, you can configure necessary settings related with the layout of the form. You can choose any one templates from our 2 beautiful pre-designed templates in this lite version.
Here are the options available in this section:
- Form Layout - This option includes the dropdown of all the available pre designed templates from which you can choose one. There are 10 template available currently which can be checked through selecting each template.
- Form Width - By default each template has been provided certain specific width for each template but in case you want to customize the width then you can enter your desired width in px or in % as per your requirement.
In this section, you can configure all the necessary email related configurations such as "From Name", "From Email" etc.
Here are the available options inside this section.
- From Email - In this field you can enter the email that will be used as the from email while sending any email through our plugin such as confirmation email, download link email. While entering the From Email, please make sure you don't enter the email that resembles the real person email which might land the email into the spam or junk. You can enter email such as noreply@yourdomainname which won't resemble any real person email.
- From Name: "From Name" is also used as while sending any email through our plugin. As similar with "From Email", you should enter the value that won't resemble any real person's name such as "No Reply".
- Email Subject - In this field you can enter the subject of the email which is sent for the subscriber verification.
- Email Message - In this field you can configure the message that you will send to the subscribers for the verification.
How to Lock
You can add the lock content directly in the subscription form's general settings while creating a form and then place the shortcode anywhere in the page or post's content editor. Please check in the below screenshot.
You can lock any content by simply wrapping any content by our plugin's shortcode inside the classic editor block like shown below.
In this section, you can view all the subscribers that have subscribed through the different subscription forms and also filter the subscribers as per the different subscription forms and also export them to CSV for further external use.
In case you want to extend or modify any functionality in the plugin from outside the plugin using hooks and filters then we have added some necessary hooks and filters in the plugin which we have listed in detail inside the Help section of our plugin.
So if required then you can check all the available hooks and filter inside the help section of our plugin.