- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-download-lite directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Subscribe to Download Lite settings page to configure the plugin
There are 4 different settings section needed to configured while creating a form as belows:
- General Settings
- Form Settings
- Layout Settings
- Email Settings
In general settings, you can configure all the basic settings for the form such as Encrypt Download Link, Download File etc.
- Download File - In this field, you can enter the file that you want to send your subscriber in the email after the download. Please make sure you choose the download file from the media library and not from any external source. Else download may not work.
- Encrypt Download Link - By enabling this option, the download link will be encrypted and the file won't be downloaded through direct link sharing. When you enable this option, you can also track the download status of each subscribers in the subscribers list in the backend
- Form Success Message - This is the message shown to the users when subscription is successful.
- Form Required Error Message - This is the message shown to the users if users don't fill all the necessary required fields.
- Form Error Message - This is the message shown to the users if the email couldn't be sent to users due to invalid email or any other server related reason.
- Always Show - You can check this option if you want to display the form to the already subscribed users too. If you don't enable this option then download button will be available where the form is displayed which label can be configured from the Download Button Label Text field just below this option.
In this section you can configure all the form components that are available in the subscription forms. You can enable/disable and configure labels for each field.
Below are the available form components.
- Sub Heading
- Terms and Agreement
- Subscribe Button
- Footer Text
In this section, you can configure necessary settings related with the layout of the form. You can choose any one templates from our 5 beautiful pre-designed templates in this lite version.
Here are the options available in this section:
- Form Layout - This option includes the dropdown of all the available pre designed templates from which you can choose one. There are 20 template available currently which can be checked through selecting each template.
- Form Width - By default each template has been provided certain specific width for each template but in case you want to customize the width then you can enter your desired width in px or in % as per your requirement.
- Display Type - There are two display types currently. One is Direct Display and Another one is Popup Display Type. So if you want to display the form directly when the page is loaded then you can choose the Direct Display and if you want the users to display the form in Popup through Popup Trigger then you can choose Popup Display.
- Popup Trigger Text - This option will only show when you will choose the Popup Display as the Display Type.
In this section, you can configure all the necessary email related configurations such as "From Name", "From Email" etc.
Here are the available options inside this section.
- Email Subject - This field's value will be used as the subject while sending the Confirmation Email.
- From Email - In this field you can enter the email that will be used as the from email while sending any email through our plugin such as confirmation email, download link email. While entering the From Email, please make sure you don't enter the email that resembles the real person email which might land the email into the spam or junk. You can enter email such as noreply@yourdomainname which won't resemble any real person email.
- From Name: "From Name" is also used as while sending any email through our plugin. As similar with "From Email", you should enter the value that won't resemble any real person's name such as "No Reply".
- Email Message - In this field, you can enter the email message that you want to send for the subscription confirmation.
In this section, you can view all the subscribers that have subscribed through the different subscription forms and also filter the subscribers as per the different subscription forms and also export them to CSV for further external use.
In case you want to extend or modify any functionality in the plugin from outside the plugin using hooks and filters then we have added some necessary hooks and filters in the plugin which we have listed in detail inside the Help section of our plugin.
So if required then you can check all the available hooks and filter inside the help section of our plugin.